The IAT Assistant Teacher to Qualified Teacher Programme
Assistant Teacher to Qualified Teacher Programme.
At IAT, we are committed to growing our own teachers as much as we can and the Assistant Teacher (AT) to Teacher route might be for you. At IAT schools we call our Teaching Assistants, Assistant Teachers. This is because they do much more than just assist the teacher. At IAT we recognise that our ATs assist the learning of our vulnerable students and therefore they assist the teaching, not the teacher.
The AT to Teacher route is a four year programme that supports a potential trainee teacher to work at one of our schools as an Assistant Teacher for a year before embarking on a salaried Apprentice Teacher training route and then on to the two year Early Career Teacher programme.
The AT to Teacher Programme means that we are able to support our vulnerable students with ambitious graduates while giving these graduates the opportunity to get a very strong impression of what school life is like. The programme is constructed as follows:
Appointed as an AT with the opportunity to apply for an Apprentice Teaching Training after 9 months or to continue as an AT.
Appointed as an Apprentice teacher on a 12 month unqualified contract with Teacher Training provision in an IAT school.
There is the potential to be offered an ECT position at an IAT school.
If appointed as an ECT at an IAT school, the ECT programme begins at this point in your permanent role (subject to completion of the ECT programme)
The ECT programme continues and you will receive full Qualified Teacher Status and continue in your permanent role at your IAT school.
If you are interested in joining us as a graduate Assistant Teacher and would like to develop your career and to train as a Teacher please follow the steps below.
- You can contact email@example.com to arrange to talk to Michelle Oxley our ITT Coordinator who can connect you with a Professional Tutor at one of our schools.
- If you are attending a recruitment event that we are represented at, come and talk to us.
- Register your details on our secure Google Form and we can contact you.
- Visit our school's websites, explore their curriculum, pastoral support and extra-curricular programmes. Which school appeals to you the most?
- To arrange a visit, contact Michelle to come in and meet the team and get a feel for our schools.
- Sign up for updates with the TES and with the HR team to ensure you are kept up to date about opportunities and roles that arise at IAT schools.
Use your smartphone to access our Google Form to register your interest in working or training with an IAT school. Alternatively, you can use the link below: https://forms.gle/PRYC2NZdbiEWDacG8